FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Without A Hitch has the following sizes of table available for hire:
- 2.6ft (0.7m) round table (suitable as a wedding cake table)
- 4ft (1.2m) round table
- 6ft (1.8m) round table
- 3ft (0.9m) square table (suitable as a wedding cake table)
- 4ft (1.2m) Rectangle trestle table
- 6ft (1.8m) Rectangle trestle table
- 8ft (2.4m) Rectangle trestle table
Without A Hitch offers a range of linen for tables and chairs, including:
- Table cloths - available in black/ white polyester fabric (plain or floral pattern)
- Napkins - available in black/ white polyester fabric (plain or floral pattern)
- Table runners - available in black/white/gold/ silver satin or organza fabric
- Chair covers - available in black/white polyester fabric (plain and floral pattern), black/ white lycra (plain) or white self-tie satin (plain)
- Chair sashes - available in black/white/gold/ silver satin or organza
Without A Hitch have three kinds of chairs available for hire:
- Plastic folding chair - available in white, with black frame
- Resin folding chair with built-in cushion - available in white, with white cushion
- High back stackable aluminium chair with detachable cushion - available in black/white/gold/silver with white or black cushion
Yes, it is necessary to clean all used equipment (not linen) before returning it. If equipment is returned dirty, you will receive a cleaning charge.
No. You are not required to clean the linen, but you must get rid of any excess food crumbs before returning it.
Yes, all Without A Hitch prices are quoted inclusive of GST.
The hirer will be charged a fee for insurance at the time of hire. The fee will be approximately % of the total hire charge. Please refer to the terms and conditions for further details.
The marquee size you choose should depend on whether guests will be seated or standing. To give you an idea of our marquee capacities:
- 3x3m - 9sqm2 - 10 standing - 6 seated
- 3x6m - 18sqm2 - 20 standing - 12 seated
- 5x5m - 25sqm2 - 25 standing -16 seated
- 6x9m - 54sqm2 - 55 standing - 30 seated
- 10x20m - 200sqm2 - 250 standing - 110 seated
- 10x25m - 250sqm2 - 250 standing - 130 seated
Yes, for small-medium sized marquees. Larger marquees (e.g. 6m x 9m and over for Frame marquees) will require experienced staff to assist with assembly and dismantling.
If you have the manpower but not the experience to erect larger marquees, Without A Hitch can supervise the assembly of your marquee for a discounted price.
Yes, all Without A Hitch marquees include a full set of white walls. We also have walls with clear windows available to allow your guests to enjoy the view during your function.
The interior of all our marquees (except 3x3m) can be lined with silk. Lining the ceiling and walls creates a more elegant look.
Frame marquees are strong in high winds, they can be setup on hard surfaces and because they have no centre poles or guy ropes, they take up less space at your site.
No, this is not something we currently have, but they will be available in the near future. We do, however have dance floors (black/white and wooden) available for hire.
A frame marquee is required if you have limited space, a hard surface, are next to a building or if there are high winds.
It is necessary to obtain a building consent from the CCC well in advance if your marquee is 100m2 or over. It is the hirer’s responsibility to obtain this consent. No consent = no marquee!
We can assist you to complete a building consent application for a fee.
Without A Hitch hires both varnished wooden dance floor and black and white dance floor which interlock together to create a strong, flat area for your guests to dance on.
This will depend on the size of your venue and the numbers attending.
If your function is for less than 90 guests, Without A Hitch recommends that you divide the number of expected guests by 3 to get the recommended metre squared area of your dance floor hire. For example, if you have 80 people attending 80/3 = 27m2
It is safer to hire a heater than not to hire a heater and risk your guests being cold. We hire a range of heaters LPG (quieter and cleaner than diesel) and diesel blow heaters.
The fire/safety regulations allow you to use a diesel heater to preheat a tent/marquee, but it MUST BE removed if the tent/marquee is occupied. Heaters must NOT be positioned near the tent walls.
This will depend on what equipment you are hiring - please check with our staff.
We can deliver the equipment to you, for a small fee, if required.
The Christchurch City Council have the following requirements:
- 0-50 occupants - 1 means of escape, Exit signage, Evacuation Procedure
- 51-100 occupants - 2 means of escape, Exit signage, Fire alarm, telephone, Evac. Procedure
- 101-250 occupants - 2 means of escape, Exit signage, Fire alarm, telephone, Evac. Procedure
- 251-500 occupants - 2 means of escape, Exit signage, Illuminated exit sign, telephone, Evac Procedure, Extinguishers
The customer is required to pay at the time of booking, a non-refundable deposit equal to 20% of the total estimated hire charge. The customer is required to pay the balance of the total estimated hire charge and a bond equal to 25% of the estimated total hire charge.
Yes Without A Hitch can deliver your equipment, for a fee.
There are three ways you can order with Without A Hitch:
- Ordering Online - www.withoutahitch.net.nz
- Phone Order - Call us toll-free on 0508 867 621.
- Visit our shop at 40 Hammersmith Drive, Wigram
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Direct Credit and Eftpos debit card via our website. If purchasing in store, you can pay by cash, credit card or Eftpos debit card.
We use PBT Couriers or PBT Transport to deliver orders throughout New Zealand. Goods are shipped after payment has been received and are usually delivered within 2-4 business days, depending on your location. If you prefer, you can pick up your order from the Without A Hitch store (click here to find your nearest store). If you have any questions about delivery costs, call us toll-free on 0508 867 621. Sorry, but we do not ship internationally.
Orders are usually dispatched within 24 hours of receipt of payment. Delivery times will depend on your location. You will receive an order confirmation and a shipping notification email. Use the tracking details on the shipping notification email to trace your order. Please refer to the terms and conditions section on our website for details about shortages, transit damage or loss in transit. Call us toll-free on 0508 867 621 for assistance with delivery problems.
Of course! If there is an item on our website which you'd like to view in person first, give the Without A Hitch store (click here to find your nearest store) a call to check that it's in store.
If the product you have ordered is out of stock, we will contact you to advise when stock is likely to be available, offer an alternative or if no alternative is available, provide a refund.
You can return goods up to 6 months from the date of purchase, but the following conditions apply. Goods must be returned to Without A Hitch at the buyer's expense with proof of purchase. Goods will be accepted for return providing they are in the original condition and packaging. If accepted, you can elect to receive a store credit for the full purchase price or a cash refund of the purchase price less a 15% restocking fee. For full details of our returns policy, click here
If you have placed an order in error please contact us toll-free 0508 867 621 as soon as possible and we will assist in cancelling the shipment. Or if already shipped, arrange its return and refund the purchase price of the goods minus any delivery fees incurred.
Yes, we use Paymark. Paymark from their beginnings in 1989, have grown to become New Zealand's leading payments provider, processing over 75 per cent of all our nation's electronic transactions.
You need to be logged in to change your password. Click here to log into your account.
Click here and enter your email address. Your password will be emailed to your email account